Monday, 31 March 2008

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I haven't baked anything for a while so decided to change that by baking this delicious chocolate chip banana bread. its quick & easy to make as it takes less than an hour.



Ingredients (serves 10)

  • 2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
  • 1 cup choc bits
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup mashed banana
  • pure icing sugar, to serve








Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease base and sides of a 7cm deep, 13.5cm x 24cm (base) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
  2. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in sugar and choc bits. Mix well. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, oil and banana in a jug. Stir into flour mixture. Spoon into loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
  3. Stand loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and serve.

14 comments:

ruthEbabes said...

Hey Dell, I bought a few too many bananas this week, i may just have to use your recipe!!!! It looks great!

Kevin said...

Chocolate chip banana bread is one of my favorites. It looks good.

Donna said...

Geez, I'll bet that's good with some hot coffee!!! hughugs

Cooking and the City said...

Hey back Ruth & thanks. you should try it, really is nice & I don't even like chocolate much ;-)

Kevin thank you so much :-)

Donna hugs back sweetie, LOL yes its good with coffee, with tea, with cola, with water ooh LOL you get the picture ;-)

Uma said...

Mmm. looks delicious. Lovely bread.

Maria said...

Hi Dell

I love chocolate chip banana bread and yours looks really delish ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

Oh my oh my Dell I am sold on this choc chip banana bread!! Wonderful bake sweetie and even better with it having choccy in ;)

Rosie x

Cooking and the City said...

Uma thanks sweetie, really appreciate it :-)

Maria, lovely to *see* you, have missed you, thanks :-)

Rosie, thank you it is a lovely bread, very tasty :-)

Sarah said...

Dell,

I have been wanting to try this kind of bread for years, and now you've encouraged me to bake some! I also love the name of your blog - reminds me a bit of a great HBO show! :)

Sarah said...

Dell,

I have been wanting to try this kind of bread for years, and now you've encouraged me to bake some! I also love the name of your blog - reminds me a bit of a great HBO show! :)

Danielle said...

This looks sooooooooo yummy! My husband doens't like bananas but I bet that he'd eat this one!!!

Katie said...

YUM! I have a BUNCH of bananas to use. I think this may be the perfect recipe for them.

Cooking and the City said...

Sarah thanks for stopping by & the lovely comment :-)

ps thanks also for the comment re my blog name, LOL when I first started blogging I used to go into town a lot & hoped to take lots of pics so it seemed appropriate at the time. now I hardly get into town, oh well I still like the name! ;-)

Dell xo

Cooking and the City said...

Thanks Danielle, I hope your hubby tries some soon :-)

Katie thanks for your lovely comment & for stopping by :-)