Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Roast Pork with Honey & Maple Pears


Roast Pork makes a regular appearance at our table. I usually serve it with apples but this time after reading about pork served with pears I decided to go with that idea for a change. there's really no recipe (sorry). just cook the pork to your liking along with some potatoes and desired vegies. put the quartered pears in for the last half hour (approx). while the meats resting drizzle the pears & vegies with honey and maple syrup, then return to the oven to caramelize slightly. serve the pork with the honey maple vegies & gravy (if liked). if you can't or don't wish to eat pork this is also nice with chicken. :-)

5 comments:

Donna said...

LOL..It's not evev 8:00am and I'm SO wanting this dish! Have a great day sweetie!hugs

Cooking and the City said...

Donna as always thank you, hugs & happy day sweetie :-)

Dell xo

ruthEbabes said...

I'm drooling!!! I wish we ate more pork!!!!

i would never have thought of pears going with pork.... I might just have to dot he pears on their own, after all I have some sitting in the kitchen waiting for an experiment! lol

Priscilla said...

That looks good Dell!

Robin said...

Mmmm wow! That looks awesome. I am always looking for new ways to cook pork, Dell. Thanks!