Sunday, 6 April 2008

Breakfast For Dinner (bacon & maple french toast)



Yes I've made French toast again but I hope you'll indulge me ;-) as it really is delicious. I made it as part of a cook a long I sometimes join in on that takes place on a forum I visit. I have had french toast lots of times before but this variation was new to me. as said before its delicious and will be made again. funny thing was I almost ran out of time to make this recipe within the cook a long guidelines in fact so much so that I ended up making this popular breakfast dish for dinner, which brings me to a question. do you have breakfast for dinner? ( I often do) & whats your favourite thing to have? :-)


French Toast
3 tablespoons thickened cream or milk
1/2 tea spoon vanilla
3 tablespoons caster sugar
pinch of cinnamon
3 eggs
6 thick slices vienna loaf
Butter
Combine the cream/milk, eggs, sugar & cinnamon in a bowl. Soak one slice of bread at a time in this mixture.
Melt half the butter and cook 3 or 4 pieces of bread at a time until golden on each side. Melt more butter and continue cooking until you have used all the bread.
Serve with crispy fried bacon drizzled with real maple syrup.

11 comments:

Kevin said...

That looks like a good dinner. I enjoy eating breakfast for dinner every once in a while. I also eat dinner for breakfast sometimes.

Donna said...

I Pounded on you back door for an Hour, but no one would let me In!!!LOL...Nothing better than French toast, bacon and coffee!! Have a happy night sweetie!hughugs

Rosie said...

Oh this is wonderful!! I had this only last week and doesn't it taste SO good :)

Rosie x

ruthEbabes said...

It's bad, but I don't think I've ever had french toast!

Should fix that sometime cos this looks yum

toontz said...

What exactly is caster sugar? Is it like granulated sugar or confectioner’s (powdered)sugar?

Ruthe-
You have got to try french toast...so yum!

Cooking and the City said...

Hi Toontz, here in Aus caster sugar is just like granulated sugar only finer. not icing or powdered sugar. normal graulated is fine, just use a bit less (add amount to your own taste & liking). I used caster to keep within the challenge guidlines as they were given! :-)

Dell xo

MrOrph said...

Oh...oh...now you're cooking with gas!

I love French toast! And, of course, you know, I love bacon. Everything is better with bacon, everything!!!!

:-)

ruthEbabes said...

Hey, I've tagged you for a meme, hope you don't mind. Check out the details here

Sugarcraft India said...

Delicious French toast!!

Cooking and the City said...

Kevin thank you as always :-)

Donna LOL I'd always answer the door to you, hugs :-)

yes Rosie your right it does taste good ;) esp with maple syrup :-)

Ruth, thanks, btw you must try French toast :-)

Cooking and the City said...

Mr Orph thanks for the lovely comment, yes bacon is too good ;-)

Thank you Sugarcraft India, & its lovely to *see* you :-)