Thursday, 17 April 2008

Mini Toblerone Muffins


I'm not much of a fan of chocolate but I do enjoy it in muffins & cakes. recently I came across a recipe for mini toblerone muffins and decided to try it. they are simple to make & taste good!






Makes 24

Ingredients

  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 60g butter, melted, cooled
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 egg, lightly whisked
  • 100g Toblerone milk chocolate, chopped

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two 12-hole 2-tablespoon capacity mini muffin pans or line with paper cases.
  2. Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
  3. Whisk butter, milk and egg in a jug. Pour into well. Add chocolate and gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin cases with mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.

Notes & tips

  • Hint: To make 12 regular-sized muffins from this mix, bake in a 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan for 15 to 18 minutes.

8 comments:

Priscilla said...

I am a big chocolate fan and these look delicious Dell!!

Kevin said...

Those chocolate muffins look good.

ruthEbabes said...

Mmmmmmmm I love Toblerone! We got a couple of Toblerone Easter eggs... but Rob's devoured the toblerones now lol.... no muffins for me! But these look great

Happy cook said...

Oh I am a big fan of chocolate.
Wish i was like you, as my family complains ieat to much of chocolate.
Love the muffin

Donna said...

I've got some ice cream that would go great with this!lol...night sweetie!hugshugs

Robin said...

Wow, those look fabulous, and probably pretty sinful to eat ;-)

Faery said...

Wow these toblerone muffins look really yummy, I love toblerone.Yes Donna is a wonderful lady I love her blog.Thanks for dropping by my blog Australia is one of my favorite countries in the wordl although I live soooo far (Venezuela)Yor blog is beautiful and with really delicious recipes i'll visit often or every day ;)

kali-kisses said...

Gosh, these sound fabulous. Next on my list to make for sure :)