Monday, 19 May 2008

Cookies



ok so I decided to make some cookies I'd had bookmarked for ages. LOL I'm not much of a cookie maker, but apart from the odd size difference ;-) they couldn't have been too bad. this is all that was left when I went to take the photo. the recipe's from taste.com.au. am sending them to Ruth for her bookmarked recipe's event!


Ingredients

  • 125g butter, at room temperature
  • 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) soft brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 300g (2 cups) plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 200g (1 cup) dark or milk Choc Bits

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. Beat butter and brown sugar using electric beaters until well combined. Add the eggs and beat well after each addition.
  3. Sift together plain flour and baking powder and mix into the butter mixture. Stir in Choc Bits.
  4. Roll large spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place about 15cm apart on oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten the balls to about 7cm in diameter and 5-8 mm thick.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool on trays. Store in an airtight container.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Cookies look wonderful! I was in a hurry Sunday and made cookies...1/2 of them ended up in the trash!!!LOL....hughugs

Ruth Elkin said...

Great cookies Dell... sounds like the family enjoyed them! I really need to work on finding a recipe for cookies that we love most of the recipes I've tried have made some really soft cookies or else too crunchy cookies... need my "Goldilocks" recipe so that they turn out juuuuuuuuuust riiiiight. ;o)

Thanks for being a star and taking part in BR again!

MrOrph said...

Great cookies Dell!

Can I have some with some chocolate milk? Please? :-)

Cooking and the City said...

Thanks Donna. what a shame about your cookies. I always have trouble with the size of mine & how far apart to put them. I tried various sizes & spacings this time! my last effort all spread & joined together, LOL looked just like something found on a Startrek away mission ;-)

Ruth thank you, yes the family did enjoy them, have been asked to make them again. hope you find juuuuuuust the riiiight recipe very soon ;-)

Mr Orph, lovely to see you, of course you can have some choccy milk. thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comment :-)