Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Chicken With Herbes De Provence













I haven't done much cooking recently but I did manage to fit in time to make this lovely chicken with herbes de provence. its from Bill Granger's book holiday & tho very simple its also very delicious. there's hardly any work to it at all. I've been meaning to make it for ages, so finally having gotten around to it I'm sending it to Ruth for her bookmarked recipes event.

1 free range chicken (or pieces)
olive oil to drizzle
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 tea spoons herbes de provence

wash chicken inside out & pat dry with kitchen paper. if using whole chicken you can spatchcock it (remove back bone and flatten chook)

cut deep slashes in the flesh of chicken (or pieces) drizzle with olive oil season with salt & pepper and sprinkle with the herbs.

put chook in large roasting tin, breast side up and roast untill cooked. leave to rest 5 minutes before carving.

13 comments:

Happy cook said...

Oh la la this chicken looks so DELICIOUS

Donna said...

LOL...NOW I know what's for lunch!! Thanks! I was undecided!!hughugs

Cooking and the City said...

Happy Cook thank you sweetie, it really was delicious :-)

Donna, LOL I hope you'll be ready for some express chicken delivery hugs & happy day sweetie :-)

Ruth Elkin said...

I love simple meals with simple preparation but are full of flavour and scrumminess. This chicken looks fantastic and lovely and juicy.

Faery said...

I'm glad that you like the pavlova I did it because I love Australia and New Zealand and for all my friends there ;D

Cooking and the City said...

Faery how very lovely, what a sweet thing to do! your pavlova cake looked gorgeous sweetie. a very fitting tribute to your love of Aus & N.Z, thank you! & hugs :-)

Dell xxoo

Kevin said...

Herbes de provence are a simple and tasty way to cook chicken!

Cooking and the City said...

Ruth as always thank you!! I hope you try it one day :-)

Kevin thanks for stopping by. your right its simple, but good ;-)

Ruth Elkin said...

Hey I have something for you on my blog.

Priscilla said...

wow, this looks delcious Dell! I love any kind of chicken!

p.s. i thought I had left you a comment before, hmm, must not have gone through. :)

Donna said...

Just checking on you!hughugs

MrOrph said...

Herbs de Provence always add nice flavor to chicken.

Nicely done Dell!

Cooking and the City said...

Ruth, thank you sweetie :-)

Priscilla as always thanks for stopping by & your sweet comment :-)

Donna your so sweet for checking on me, appreciate it so much! am ok just busy with work & OH has been on holiday from work (so spending time together). will have some fun in the kitchen very soon, thanks again I so appreciate it. big hugs :-)

Mr Orph, thank you. yes herbs de provence is a delicious way to jazz up chook :-)