Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Bookmarked recipes 11
for
Monday, 30 June 2008


Well here it is - this week's round up of Bookmarked Recipes and this week we have some more great recipes from some more great bloggers:

Elizabeth of recipes from our kitchen in Toronto Canada kicks off this weeks round up with cinnamon raisin oatmeal bread a recipe she found on the fresh loaf.
I love home baked bread so this looks great!












Ruth of Ruths kitchen experiments has made a fabulous zebra cake from a previous bookmarked recipe sent in by Deeba who found the recipe on (http://ovenhaven.wordpress.com/2008/05/11/all-grown-up/) and here (http://azcookbook.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/zebra-cake/)
looks great Ruth, I love those stripes!















Ben of What's Cooking in Columbus Ohio joins us for the first time with a delicious looking chicken and grapes that he got from the cook book, green black red, recipes for cooking and enjoying California grapes. Ben I really like the idea of cooking with grapes!










Pam from Sidewalk Shoes has made Tortilla chip chicken from a recipe she found in Cuisine at home. Pam this looks so crispy and delicious!











Kate from Paved with good intentions in California joins the round up again with pot roast & green bean casserole. Kate got the recipe for the green bean casserole from the side of a French's french fried onion package. its getting cooler here so this looks very tempting, real cool weather comfort food!










Michelle in Colorado springs joins us with some delicious strawberry lemonade bars that she found on baking bites. these look great Michelle!











Thanks everyone for your submissions!!! It's always exciting to see what people have been making and recreating as well as meeting some new bloggers.

That's it for this week. Remember if you want to take part here's all you have to do....
1. Pick a recipe from a book/magazine/blog/website/tv show and make it. (Note you can only submit 1 recipe per week)
2. Blog about it
- include where you got the recipe in your blog post (including a link to their website if possible)
- include a link to this post or this blog in your blog post
- include the logo (see above) for Bookmarked Recipes in your blog post
- include a photo of your recreation on your blog post
3. Email bookmarkedrecipes[AT]gmail[DOT]com with the following information:
- Your name and where you're from
- The name of your blog
- The permalink for your entry
- A photo of your entry
- A note of where you got your recipe from

11 comments:

Cat said...

oops on me...sorry I missed the deadline. When is the deadline to enter next weeks event? Will you be hosting again?

Cooking and the City said...

Hey Cat how are you? what a shame you missed the deadline, I forgot to post mine on the actual roundup, tho I did post it on my blog. annoyingly my computer system decided to play up from late sunday, at times it was almost at a standstill :(

anyway to answer your questions the deadline is usually monday evening Ruths time (Northern Ireland) because I'm in Aus I left it untill about 8am Melbourne time on the tuesday morning for this weeks event. it would be best to ask Ruth what her actual closing time for entries is.

Ruth will be back sometime later today as far as I know. I look forward to seeing what you make next week :-)

Dell xxoo

Donna said...

Delicious!!!!!hughugs

Ben said...

Great roundup. I need to bookmark some of this recipes myself.

Cooking and the City said...

thanks Donna, they do look delicious don't they :-)

Ben, thanks! your right there are some great recipes, hope you give some of them a go :-)

Passionate baker...& beyond said...

That's a great round-up Dell. *SIGH*...just means I've bookmarked some more!!! I think I've mailed for next week edition, as I forgot to mail Ruth for the post I did last week (though I mentioned the event)...Just a case of so much to do, & so little time!! Cheers

Cooking and the City said...

Hi Passionate baker & beyond, thank you. your right about the round up adding more recipe's to your own collection, happens to me too as it all looks so good. oh & too much to do, too little time, I'm familiar with that too! take care :-)


Dell xo

Sangeeth said...

lovely round up

Cooking and the City said...

thank you for your lovely comment Sangeeth, I'm always amazed by the quality & variety of the dishes on the round up! :-)

Dell xo

Robin said...

These look great...I hope to participate soon! This summer has been a bit nuts and I haven't had much time but I think it's a great idea!

ejm said...

I have been very remiss and completely forgot to come in to see the round up for this. And what a lovely round up it is. Thank you for hosting. (The bread WAS delicious....)

-Elizabeth