Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Double Cheese & Bacon Burger




I love burgers of all kinds but my favourite is without doubt cheese and bacon burgers, preferably with double cheese. I really don't have a recipe I just mix approx 500gr minced beef, salt, pepper, 1 egg, finely chopped onion, 1 tbs each tomato & barbecue sauce, any herbs or spices I feel like then shape into patties. for these burgers I stuffed a cube of mozzarella into the beef patties before grilling them. I then served them on rolls with lettuce, tomato, onion, extra cheese (sliced chedder) and of course bacon!! tomato or barbecue sauce is optional (I used both) I'm sending this to Robin & Dani for Recipe Remix

11 comments:

Robin said...

Yum! I want one of these now! I love the idea of putting the mozzarella in the middle of the patty! Thanks for the great entry, Del!

Cooking and the City said...

Thanks Robin, the cheese really is good in them. as always I enjoyed taking part :-)

Gloria (Canela) said...

mmm This look absolutely delicious, Thanks by stopping by at my blog, nice recipes, I like mozarella too! Gloria

Cooking and the City said...

Gloria, thanks so much for your lovely comments & welcome to my blog. it was a pleasure visiting your lovely blog and I'll be sure to do so often :-)

Dell xo

~Priscilla~ said...

wow, dell this looks great!! i love burgers, especilly dressing them up!

Donna said...

I'll take 5 of these!!Hahaha...hughugs

Candy said...

Looks delicious! I love burger

Cooking and the City said...

Priscilla thank you, yes I agree its fun deciding how you'll dress your burger! :-)

thanks Donna, LOL just 5 hey? hugs sweetie :-)


Candy thanks for stopping by & for your sweet comment :-)

Dee said...

Ooh, these are great! I've been seeing a lot of these cheese-stuffed burgers around, but haven't attempted one yet. I love mozza, so I must.

Ruth E said...

I love burgers with cheese in the middle! Never made them though, must do that sometime. Great recipe Dell!

Foodycat said...

Oh yum! I love a homemade burger - and with cheese and bacon they are unbeatable!