Friday, 12 September 2008

Nigella's Chocolate Chocolate - Chip Muffins



My family love muffins especially chocolate chip ones. these chocolate chocolate chip ones from Nigella Lawson are a favourite & never last long in our house. I'm sending this to Joelen from Joelen's culinary adventure's for her food network chefs event!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
3/4 cup superfine sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Special equipment: Muffin tin with paper muffin cases
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins. Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and spring.

12 comments:

Happy cook said...

I love this muffin.
Would love yo have with my coffee

Cooking and the City said...

Happy Cook, sweetie welcome back I have missed you & your delicious food. thanks so much for your sweet comment :-)

Ben said...

I need to make muffins more often. Making chocolate ones is a good excuse.

Ruth E said...

Yummmm chocolate
Yummmm chips
Yummmm muffins!!!


Loving it!

Maria said...

I can eat these for breakfast? YUM! The breakfast of champions!:)

Jessica said...

It seems like Nigella hasn't created a bum recipe ever. Those muffins look so yummy!

Dee said...

Ooh, very nice indeed! I really need to get me a Nigella cookbook. Which one do you recommend?

Donna said...

These look Yummy sweetie!! Happy baking!!hughugs

Cooking and the City said...

thanks for stopping by Ben and yes you should make some chocolate muffins ;-)

Ruth as always, thank you! :-)

Maria, thank you, & yes they are nice for breakfast or anytime :-)

Cooking and the City said...

Jessica welcome to my blog, thanks so much for your sweet comment :-)

Dell xo

Cooking and the City said...

Hi Dee hope alls ok with you!
I've been asked that Q before & my answer's always that it depends on your cooking likes/needs.

I have only two of Nigella's books, I have feast & Nigella express. Nigella express was a gift & tho I love it (great for quick week night cooking) feast is my favourite. I love it as its so varied, it has everything from Christmas menu's to a childrens cooking chapter. halloween, to kitchen feasts (every day cooking) the choccy cake hall of fame, vegetarian menu's. also ultimate feasts (whats yours?) and even a wedding food chapter.

its her most expensive (I think) but also I believe her most useful book!

perhaps you could borrow it from a library (I did) before buying so you can get a feel for it. :-)

Dell xo

ps, sorry if I rambled ;-)

Jerri said...

oh, these look good!