Sunday, 7 September 2008

Sticky Pork Ribs













I've made ribs lots of times but have never made them with American style pork ribs (we use a different cut of rib here in Aus) have always been keen to try the American kind so had bookmarked a few recipe's ready for when I got the chance. recently I spotted American style ribs at my butcher & of course I jumped at the chance to try them!! the result? delicious!! I will be making these again many times. am sending this to Ruth for bookmarked recipe's.


Ingredients (serves 4)

1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon powdered mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1kg pork ribs

Method

  1. Combine tomato sauce, bbq sauce honey, mustard, syrup,sugar, and salt and pepper in a ceramic dish. Add ribs and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place ribs on tray. Roast for 1 hour, turning ribs over once, or until cooked through.

9 comments:

Ben said...

Nice! I am not a big rib fan, but those sound just pretty good. :)

Dee said...

You're ribs look great! I didn't realise there was a difference between US ribs and probably what I get here in Malaysia. What's the difference between the US and Oz cut then?

Arika said...

I just checked to see if the Bookmarked Roundup was up and it wasn't so I decided to browse blogs. The FIRST blog I click on at random from a site unrelated to the roundup was yours. Lo and behold, the first entry is for the very roundup I'm waiting on. How funny and coincidental! The ribs look great!

Arika
My Yummy Life

Donna said...

You Better save Me Some!!!hahahaha...hughugs

Cooking and the City said...

Thanks Ben, they were good :-)

Dee, thank you! re the difference in the rib cuts, the U.S ones are like those I made & the ones we get in Aus are not on the bone but kinda like a thick cut of the tail end of a piece of bacon. they're often called pork rashers. hope that helps :-)

Arika welcome to my blog & thanks for your sweet comment. its fun checking out all the recipe's from the bookmarked event isn't it? :-)

Donna thanks sweetie! LOL I'll send some over, you make sure someones home hey ;-) big hugs :-)

Jin Hooi said...

Yummy !! wonder if i can substitute the pork ribs with chicken (my picky hubby doesn't like pork ribs) .

Cooking and the City said...

Hi Jin hooi, thanks for your lovely comment. am sure you could replace the pork with chicken as someone who reviewed the recipe said they added chicken wings & it was delicious! why don't you give it a try and let me know? thanks again :-)

Dell xo

Candy said...

Those look scrumptious! I like the sauce.

Ruth E said...

Dell, I love ribs, these look so good!!!!! I'm bookmarking these myself now!