Saturday, 18 October 2008

German Apple Cake

I love cinnamon & I love apples, on their own they are good together they are even better. they combine wonderfully in this delicious German apple cake from all recipe's .com. I added a cinnamon sugar topping just because I like too. am sending this to Joelen for her Oktoberfest event.

INGREDIENTS

2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups apples - peeled, cored and diced

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch cake pan.
  2. In a mixing bowl; beat oil and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well.
  3. Combine the flour salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Slowly add this mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the apples by hand using a wooden spoon. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool on a wire rack.

13 comments:

Sam said...

Apple cake is probably my all time favourite cake! I llke the idea of the sugar top too, looks delicious.

Cooking and the City said...

Sam, thank you I really appreciate you stopping by and your kind comments :-)

Dell :) xxoo

Donna said...

Smells like Autumn in here!!! Yum!hughugs

Robin said...

Ooooh that looks awesome!!! Anything with apples is a winnner in my book!

Foodycat said...

This is the only type of cake my husband ever says he likes. I really should make it! Yours looks wonderful.

Cooking and the City said...

Donna, thanks sweetie! LOL its spring here but the apples are still good ;)

Robin thank you, I too think apples are good in almost anything :-)

Foodycat thanks for stopping by & your lovely comment :-)

Lucie-lou said...

Thank you for the comment on the roast. Yes I do put honey on the carrots sometimes too.. its a nice touch. And I'm sure I at some point be trying this Apple cake as I am abit fan of that combination too.

kali-kisses said...

Like Donna I was thinking what a great Autumn cake! All I need is apples, I may make a dash to the shops cos that sounds delicious :)

Happy cook said...

I love cakes with apples and this looks yumm

Jessica said...

Now this is a recipe that makes me think of my great-grammie...yumm!

Joelen said...

This looks wonderful and is a great addition to the Oktoberfest blogging event! Thank you for participating! :)

Passionate About Baking said...

Oooh I love the sound of this. Anything apple makes me sing. Yum cake!!

Candy said...

I love apple cake. Just bought some in the mountains!