I love pasta with just a simple tomato sauce, its so versatile as you can add almost anything to it, making it as simple or as complicated as you wish. now I have to confess to usually when pressed for time just opening up a jar (nothing wrong with that ;) ) this time I decided to make my own, it was really easy, didn't take long at all & I was very pleased with the results. am sending it to Presto Pasta Nights a weekly event started by Ruth and this week hosted by Judith from Think On It.
- 40ml (2 tbs) olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over low heat until the onion is softened.
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, herbs and 125ml (1/2 cup) water.
- Simmer for 25 minutes until thick. Season with salt and pepper.