Thursday, 6 November 2008

Coconut Chicken Curry



I'ts been soooo long since I blogged!
nothing fancy this time, just an average week night meal. this coconut chicken curry was delicious tho, so I thought I'd share!





Ingredients (serves 4)

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 750g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into small chunks
  • 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
  • assorted vegie's (I used carrot, beans, red capsicum)
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 2 tablespoons red curry paste
  • 1 lemongrass stem, trimmed, bruised, thinly sliced
  • 1 small red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
  • 400ml can coconut milk
  • curry leaves
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • rice to serve

Method

  1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
  2. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion and vegies . Cook, stirring often, for approx 2 minutes. Add turmeric, curry paste, curry leaves, lemongrass and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 2 minute's or until aromatic.
  3. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to wok. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Serve with rice & lime wedges if liked!

10 comments:

Happy cook said...

I love dishes with coconut.
This looks yummm

That Girl said...

I make a similar recipe - love it.

Dee said...

And thank you very much for sharing! Nothing average about this meal if you ask me :)

Sam said...

Coconut curries are delicious, looks great!

Angie Ledbetter said...

I can almost smell that savory smell. Gonna have to try this. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Cooking and the City said...

Thanks Happy Cook :-)

That Girl, thanks for stopping by, coconut curry's nice isn't it ? :-)

Dee, thanks so much & your welcome :-)

Sam, as always thank you :-)

Angie your welcome re the viit to your blog, thanks for the sweet comment :-)

Heather said...

Chicken is my favorite go-to meal. This sound like a recipe I could use to kick our dinners up a notch! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by.

Jen said...

This looks really good. I have a can of coconut milk just waiting for this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

kali-kisses said...

Oooh, I'm impressed.
I never make curry's. I feel inspired now though :)

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed my stop here. You have some good looking recipes!