I'ts been soooo long since I blogged!
nothing fancy this time, just an average week night meal. this coconut chicken curry was delicious tho, so I thought I'd share!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 750g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- assorted vegie's (I used carrot, beans, red capsicum)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lemongrass stem, trimmed, bruised, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 400ml can coconut milk
- curry leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- rice to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion and vegies . Cook, stirring often, for approx 2 minutes. Add turmeric, curry paste, curry leaves, lemongrass and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 2 minute's or until aromatic.
- Stir in coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to wok. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Serve with rice & lime wedges if liked!