Monday, 15 December 2008

Easy Fried Rice















I spotted this recipe in Fresh Living magazine (a free food magazine) and hoping it was as easy as they said I bookmarked it. am happy to say the recipe is both easy and delicious & it was enjoyed by everyone. I'm sending this to Ruth for her Bookmarked recipe's event!

Ingredients (serves 4)

1 cup long grain white rice
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 bacon rashers, chopped
( I used ham)
approx half cup corn
2 shallots, trimmed, finely sliced
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus extra to serve

Method

  1. Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
  2. Using a whisk, lightly beat eggs in a small bowl. Heat oil in non-stick wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs. Swirl over base to form an omelette. Cook 2 minutes. Turn over. Cook 2 minutes until set. Transfer to a chopping board. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into short strips.
  3. Add bacon to wok. Cook 4 minutes until light golden. Add shallots, peas, corn and rice. Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes. Add egg and soy sauce. Stir until heated through. Serve immediately, with extra soy.

10 comments:

Happy cook said...

I love fried rice and this looks delicious.

Kitchen Flavours said...

I too made fried rice with more veggies. Same pinch. Your look gr8.

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

Great recipe. I love fried rice! And thanks for the comment on the decorations. I'm glad I'm not alone in colored light land!

That Girl said...

I love the eggy part of the fried rice!

Sam said...

sometimes the easiest recipes are the best, it looks delicious!

Maria said...

Fried rice is always good!

Dee said...

What a coincidence, we're having this today! Before the leftovers crawl outta the fridge :)

Happy Blogversary!

Snooky doodle said...

This is nice and an easy recipe !! My favourite :)

Cooking and the City said...

thank you Happy Cook, your a sweetie :-)

Kitchen Flavours thanks for your sweet comment :-)

Jerri thanks sweetie & LOL re the lights, us colored light girls have to stick together ;-)

thanks for stopping by That Girl, I love all of fried rice ;p :)

Cooking and the City said...

thanks Sam & your right! simple is often the best :-)

Maria thanks, yes fried rice is always good :-)

Hi Dee nice to *see* you, LOL can't have those leftovers moving of their own accord ;-)

Snooky doodle, welcome to my blog & thanks for the lovely comment :-)