Monday, 8 December 2008

Jam & Cream Cake and My Blog's Birthday :)



Yesterday was my blogs first Birthday. I can't believe its been 12 months since I started my blog. I'm having loads of fun blogging and *meeting* other blogger's & enjoying their blogs along the way. I made a delicious Jam & cream cake to celebrate!





  • 6 eggs
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 2/3 cup self-raising flour, sifted plus extra to dust
  • 1/3 cup plain flour, sifted
  • Whipped cream and jam, to serve
  • Icing sugar, to dust

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line two 20cm sponge pans, then dust with a little flour.
  2. Place the eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer (or use an electric hand beater) and beat for 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and beat for a further 5 minutes until pale. Use a metal spoon to fold in sifted flours and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
  3. Divide the mixture between the 2 pans and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked and golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. Spread one sponge with jam, then top with the cream. Place the other sponge on top and dust lightly with icing sugar.

11 comments:

Happy cook said...

Congragulations on you first blog aniiversery and wishing your blog many more happy blogging years.

That Girl said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Maria said...

Happy blog birthday!!

Sam said...

Congrats on your blogiversary!

niya said...

Hi Dell

Thanks a lot for your sweet comment.

Have s good day

Cheers

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

Dell, Happy Blog Birthday! And what a lovely cake! That's a great way to celebrate.

In a day or two, I'm featuring cakes & pies from different bloggers. I'd love to feature this.

Cooking and the City said...

Happy Cook thanks so much :-)

thanks That Girl, really appreciate it :-)

Maria, thank you :-)

thank you Sam :-)

Niya your welcome, thanks for stopping by :-)

Jerri as always thank you! I'd be honoured if you featured my cake :-)

Donna said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY SWEETIE!!! WoW! A Year already??? I've SO enjoyed your blog!!! And You! Happy cooking!!hughugs

Kevin said...

Congrats on one year of tasty posts!

Robin said...

Happy bday to your blog! Keep up the good work, Dell!

Ruth E said...

Happy blogiversary hun!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do over the next year now!

PS Tag, you're it!!!

http://justaddeggs.blogspot.com/2008/12/irish-tea-loaf.html