Yesterday was my blogs first Birthday. I can't believe its been 12 months since I started my blog. I'm having loads of fun blogging and *meeting* other blogger's & enjoying their blogs along the way. I made a delicious Jam & cream cake to celebrate!
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour, sifted plus extra to dust
- 1/3 cup plain flour, sifted
- Whipped cream and jam, to serve
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line two 20cm sponge pans, then dust with a little flour.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer (or use an electric hand beater) and beat for 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and beat for a further 5 minutes until pale. Use a metal spoon to fold in sifted flours and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 pans and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked and golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread one sponge with jam, then top with the cream. Place the other sponge on top and dust lightly with icing sugar.