Thursday, 4 December 2008

Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins














I guess by now its obvious that I love muffins! both making and eating them. especially the eating part! these orange chocolate chip muffins are so good & so easy to make.

2 1/2 cups self raising flour
90gr chopped butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup cream
1 beaten egg
1 cup choc chips
2 oranges (rind & juice)

pre-heat oven to moderate. prepare 12 hole muffin pan.
place flour in a bowl, rub in butter, add rind. stir in sugar, buttermilk, cream, juice, egg and choc chips. mix untill just combined, don't over mix. divide mix between the prepared muffin holes & cook 20-25 minutes (approx) cool slightly in pan before putting on a wire rack.

10 comments:

Ben said...

One of my favorite combinations, chocolate and orange, yummy!

Happy cook said...

I love the combination of chocolate and oranges and the muffin looks so yumm

That Girl said...

I love orange and chocolate together. I just wish the hubs liked it as much as I do!

Donna said...

Sounds Yummy sweetie!!hughugs

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

These look delicious!

Maria said...

What a wonderful breakfast treat!

Sam said...

Who wouldn't love these, hey sound delicious!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Yummers! (Can ya mail me some?) Thanks for stopping by my bloggy and playing the "Worst Christmas gift ever" game. :)

Femin Susan said...

hey
now i am going to try them out.
keep posting.........
thanks for visiting my blog.

Kevin said...

Orange and chocolate is a great combo and it would be great to wake up to those muffins for breakfast.