Thursday, 1 January 2009

Platinum Chef Challenge
























I've always wanted to take part in the Platinum Chef Challenge but always left it too late, this time however I made it!!....just!! When I saw the 5 ingredients given by host & last Platinum Chef Challenge winner, That Girl I knew I'd need to make two dishes!

Salmon Patties with Sweet Chilli Mayo

no real recipe, just mix together mash potato & carrot (I like a chunky mash for this) with some onion, parsley, coriander, finely chopped chilli, sqeeze of lime juice and form into patties. coat in egg & bread crumbs & fry untill lightly golden!

to make sweet chilli mayo simply mix sweetchilli sauce & mayo together untill combined!

Pear Dessert Cake

mix 225gr self raising flour, 1 tea spoon mixed spice, 125gr soft butter, 150gr brown sugar (soft) 2 eggs and approx 3 table spoons milk. add in 2 pears ( I lightly stew mine) stir to combine then spoon into a greased loaf pan. bake in a pre-heated 180c oven for approx 1hr to 1hr 10 minutes. (or untill done) cake is meant to be slightly moist, serve with cream or custard if liked.

9 comments:

Kevin said...

That pear cake looks good with the big chunks of pear in it. Happy new year!

That Girl said...

Yay! Thanks for playing!

Faery said...

Wow all these look so yummy, I love the pear cake.
I have a surprise waiting for you in my blog

Sara said...

Sounds great, I love salmon. I often make salmon burgers. Happy new year!

Dee said...

Happy new year! For some odd reason I've never made fish patties of any sorts. Been meaning to so it's now on the mental To Cook list. Thanks :)

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

I haven't had salmon patties in years! Sounds good. Your pear cake looks great too!

Donna said...

I LOVE salmon patties!! Mail them this way please!!Hahaa...hughugs

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your chili mayo sounds good with the salmon patties.

Kirstin said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. This recipe as well as your others sound wonderful. I'll have to browse more.