Thursday, 26 March 2009

My Platinum Chef Challenge Recipes


I picked the ingredients so why such trouble coming up with a recipe? indesicion thats what!
these are what I *finally* decided on


Curried pumpkin & lentil soup





Ingredients (serves 4)

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
1.75kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
5 cups vegetable stock
cream to taste
natural yoghurt, to serve

Method

  1. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Stir in curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
  2. Add lentils, pumpkin, and stock. Stir until well-combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly until pumpkin is just tender. just before serving a cream & stir through.
  3. Serve immediately, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt if desired.

custard & Jelly dessert

no recipe here you just make up some jelly to packet directions then pour into a glass/dish of your choice. when set top with custard & whipped cream, arrange apricots and nuts (I used peanuts) on top and serve

5 comments:

Donna said...

These sound Lovely sweetie!! You did Good!!hughugs

Sam said...

They both sound delicious!

Lisa said...

Bummer! I'm so sorry I missed this challenge this time around. I will keep checking in to see who the winner is so I can make sure to participate next round. Your recipes sound great by the way!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

They both sound great!

Faery said...

Both look delicious, I am so sorry I missed this callenge but we had some problems here at home, I was thinking of you and the challenge, I hope I can join a next challenge