Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Little Fruit & Spice Cakes



These little cakes are so simple to make & simply delicious to eat. I'm sorry there isn't really a recipe as such. I just use a basic cupcake/fairy cake recipe replacing white sugar with brown or raw sugar. I add a teaspoon mixed spice and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to your taste) and approx 3/4 to 1 small cup mixed dry fruit (you can soak it it tea/juice or for a treat perhaps brandy/sherry if you like, for a few hours or so) I usually find I need to add approx 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra liquid to the original cupcake recipe in order to accomadate the extra ingredients! I sprinke the tops of each cake with demerera sugar before baking!

6 comments:

Donna said...

And Where's my COFFEE???Hahaaa...Looks Great sweetie!!hughugs

That Girl said...

I bet these would be great with a little cream cheese frosting!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

It really looks and sounds good!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Those look delish!

Faery said...

They look delicious and so easy to make, great when my nephew and his friends meet at home :) thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your nice words in my blog

Omi said...

These look gorgeous! Will definately have to try and make these myself. I love mixed spice and cinnamon in cakes.