Thursday, 16 December 2010

Lentil & Vegetable soup :)




I got the base of this recipe from a cooking challenge I used to do online (thanks Jox) its originally ham, vegetable & lentil but I forgot to add the ham, oops! still no problem as I've been asked to add more meatless meals to the family menu. its a lovely warming soup & good served with damper or crusty bread :)

note I didn't use the mint or yogurt this time.

2 tb olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
2 stalks celery finely chopped
2 Pontiac potatoes cubed
2 carrots cut
1 cup brown lentils
2.5 lt vegetable stock
1 lge handful of baby spinach
Juice of a lemon
Minted Yoghurt
1 cup greek style yoghurt
½ bunch fresh mint finely chopped
Combine yoghurt and mint and refrigerate.

Heat oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add onion and celery and cook until tender. Add the potatoes, carrot, lentils, stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer untill vegies are tender. add spinach and lemon juice. Serve immediately with a dollop of minted yougurt.

1 comment:

Tiffanee said...

YUM! This soup sounds perfect for the cold nights! I wish I had some right now!!