Friday, 11 May 2012

Apricot Upside Down Cake :)

This cake is a favourite with my family. quick and easy to make and its simple to change the topping to a fruit other than apricots, apple with cinnamon is delicious for example.


prepare 20.cm round cake tin by lining base then sprinkling with sugar (raw brown or demerara is nice) place apricots cut side down to cover tin.
prepare butter cake mix to packet instructions or make your own as I did. 4 oz butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups self raising flour
small pinch salt
approx 1/2 cup milk
cream, butter, sugar, vanilla together untill light and fluffy. add eggs one at a time beating well.fold in dry ingredients (sifted) alternately with the milk. spoon mixture over prepared pan and bake in a moderate oven 35-40 minutes or untill done

I'm sharing with
Full Plate Thursday



Rock 'N Share Party




Show And Tell Friday



Foodie Friday



Strut Your Stuff Saturdays



Mix It Up Mondays


Crazy Sweet Tuesday

10 comments:

D @ The Shady Porch said...

OMGoodness..I love apricots but I've never had then in anything. This sounds like a perfect summer dessert...with a cup of coffee, of course. :) Thanks for sharing.

kitty said...

This looks so delicious!! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.

Patsy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I dropped by to thank you, and saw this yummy looking dish! I am now a follower! Patsy (Texas)

Aunt B said...

Beautiful cake. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Miz Helen said...

I just love Apricot's, this looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Minnie Kitchen said...

I can see why it is a favorite! Looks fantastic~

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great week end and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Miz Helen

Six Sisters said...

This apricot upside down cake looks so yummy and moist! Can't wait to try this recipe. We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you back soon! -The Sisters

Cooking and the City said...

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments I really appreciate them. thank you also Miz Helen for featuring my apricot upside down cake :)

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)