Saturday, 19 May 2012

Peanut Butter & Choc Chip Mini Muffins

Though not really a chocolate fan I love peanut butter and putting it in choc chip muffins makes them....well less chocolatey at least to me any way. the following recipe is adapted from my usual choc chip muffin recipe. it makes either 12 large or 24 mini muffins, your choice :)




2 and a half cups self raising flour (375 gr)
90gr butter chopped
1 cup (220 gr) caster sugar (normal sugar is ok)
1 1/4 cups (310gr) butter milk
1 egg beaten lightly
1 cup (90gr choc chips

pre heat oven to moderately hot and grease a 12 hole muffin pan. place flour in bowl & rub in butter. stir in sugar, buttermilk, egg and choc chips untill just combined, don't over mix. divide between prepared pan and bake approx 20 mins

note to turn above choc chip muffins into peanut butter & choc chip muffins reduced butter milk to 1 cup & add 1/4 cup peanut butter or to taste. add softened PB with other ingredients after rubbing in butter.

I'm sharing with
Full Plate Thursday
Cozy Home Party
Show And Tell Friday

5 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Yup, one of my favourite combos; peanut butter and chocolate! A muffin made with these ingredients would be yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Miz Helen said...

Your Muffins look awesome. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

I love peanut butter and chocolate chips, so these muffins sound wonderful to me. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us at Your Cozy Home Party!

Bethanniathomas said...

These look yummy! I will certainly try this recipe. Please check out my blog; www.cupcakesandothertreats.blogspot.com

The Saucy Gourmet said...

Oh I am a chocolate fan and pair with peanut butter and I am in heaven, love these muffins!!