I was curious about this recipe from the moment I heard about it, not to mention sceptical!!. having recently gotten around to making it, I can say I was pleasantly surprised. perhaps it was mind over matter but really it did seem to taste like doughnuts!!
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60ml full-fat milk
- 4 slices from a small white loaf
or 2 slices from a large white loaf. Each large slice cut in half.
- 25g butter plus a drop of flavourless oil for frying- 50g caster sugar
1. Beat the eggs with the milk and vanilla in a wide, shallow bowl.
2. Soak the bread halves in the eggy mixture for 5 minutes a side.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, and fry the egg-soaked bread until golden and scorched in parts on both sides.
4. Put the sugar on a plate and then dip the cooked bread in it until coated like a sugared doughnut.
I love muffins, so quick and easy to mix up and always delicious. try these chocolate and banana muffins, you will love them! linking to ...
I love food on a stick! always seems such fun to eat as well as being delicious........ these kebabs are so good and after the marinading ...
I love lemon in just about anything and this easy cake is a firm favourite, quick to make and always delicious! 1 lemon , plus zest &...
I love soup yes even in summer though I do try not to have it in excessive heat. this chicken & corn soup is on the table in no time at ...