I'm not much of a fan of chocolate but I do enjoy it in muffins & cakes. recently I came across a recipe for mini toblerone muffins and decided to try it. they are simple to make & taste good!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 60g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 100g Toblerone milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two 12-hole 2-tablespoon capacity mini muffin pans or line with paper cases.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk butter, milk and egg in a jug. Pour into well. Add chocolate and gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin cases with mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Notes & tips
- Hint: To make 12 regular-sized muffins from this mix, bake in a 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan for 15 to 18 minutes.