ok so I decided to make some cookies I'd had bookmarked for ages. LOL I'm not much of a cookie maker, but apart from the odd size difference ;-) they couldn't have been too bad. this is all that was left when I went to take the photo. the recipe's from taste.com.au. am sending them to Ruth for her bookmarked recipe's event!
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g (1 cup) dark or milk Choc Bits
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat butter and brown sugar using electric beaters until well combined. Add the eggs and beat well after each addition.
- Sift together plain flour and baking powder and mix into the butter mixture. Stir in Choc Bits.
- Roll large spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place about 15cm apart on oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten the balls to about 7cm in diameter and 5-8 mm thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool on trays. Store in an airtight container.